CSX, NEC, Amtrak and PanAm Rail Roads - Western MA
|CSX, NEC, Amtrak and PanAm Rail Roads - Western MA||Rail
This Realistic Pro-2052 and its dedicated PC are physically in Hampshire county (Huntington), although most monitored activity is in Hampden county. The following frequencies are monitored;
- 160.920 Amtrak MRS (Hartford) line dispatcher
- 161.295 Amtrak MRS line police
- 160.560 CSX NC (Berkshire sub) dispatcher (Agawam, Russell and Chester bases)
- 160.680 CSX NC (Boston sub) dispatcher (Agawam base)
- 161.070 CSX W. Springfield yard
- 160.800 CSX road
- 160.770 NEC dispatcher (Palmer)
- 161.160 PanAm District 3 dispatcher (Springfield base)
Alpha tags are provided. Much of what you'll hear is CSX between CP105 (Westfield) and CP123 (Chester) on the Berkshire. With our new omni antenna (Firestik trimmed two meter 5/8 wave ground plane) and eighty foot tower, the W. Springfield yard office is now clearly heard, as are most CSX dispatcher transmissions around Springfield and the NEC dispatcher in Palmer.
This feed is sponsored and maintained by MassBay RRE. Visit our website to see what excursions are upcoming, browse our gallery of images and ride reports from past trips, view the monthly meeting schedule and programs, become a member and more.
|MassBay RRE 2018 'circle' fantrip (Worcester>Norwich>Groton>Providence>Worcester) approaches downtown Providence on the P&W unelectrified third iron used to segregate freight service from Amtrak's high-speed electrified passenger trains.|