Elizabeth City Police
Elizabeth City Police
This feed is now being streamed via a Raspberry Pi mini computer which is a lot more stable than my old laptop. Any questions or comments, hit me up! ***Connectivity issues should pretty much be resolved as of 2/5/14.***
Streaming online since January 29th 2009...
We reached 51 listeners on 2012-06-01 16:27:27! Really bad storms that day!
We reached 72 listeners on 2013-01-01 14:14:31! Thanks to the 2nd shooting of the day!
We reached 149 listeners on 2013-01-17 20:15:26! The night the lights went out in E-City!
460.2000 MHZ NFM out of Elizabeth City, NC.
Equipment currently being used:
7/20/2012 - The squelch circuit has failed. If I can't fix it I'll look for another receiver.
7/24/2012 - Finally got a chance to sit down and re-align the squelch circuit. Should be good to go now. Hopefully no more open squelch issues! I also removed some junk frequencies from the scanner so if it loses power again it won't start scanning like it has in the past. I may be adjusting the volume levels so it may overdrive at one point or another but I hope to have it back to normal within a few hours or so. If the squelch opens back up or the audio is too high, please let me know! Thanks for listening!
7/28/2012 - Well that lasted for 4 days. There must be a component failing so I am going to swap out the receiver in the morning.
7/28/2012 - Took the scanner apart and found a few bad solder joints. Reheated them and we'll see how it goes. So far so good. No more loud static bursts when they unkey so that might have fixed it.
8/6/2012 - It's been just over a week and it looks like the scanner is still working just fine. Message me if something goes wrong. Thanks!
9/14/2012 - Laptop battery was shot. I replaced it today and the feed went down for about 10 minutes. The cooler temps outside have kept the laptop from shutting down due to over heating. I have an external fan pad installed but it doesn't help a whole lot. We'll see what happens.
8/28/2013 - Sorry about all of the humming going on lately. I have been a little too busy this summer to pay enough attention to the feed and since I didn't hear any complaints, I assumed everything was working just fine! Obviously not the case. I have totally rebuilt the feed from the ground up. The Acer Laptop I was using has been replaced with a Raspberry Pi mini computer. The scanner I was using has been replaced with a Uniden BC-350A. And the wall wart I was using (Uniden) has been replaced with a regulated model from Radio Shack. As of right now, everything is back up and working 100%. Now that everything is back to normal, I'll be working on increasing the volume a bit since most people listen to the feed on their phones.